Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Happy Valentine's Day

Ben gave me a good bye kiss at 7:30 am and wished me a Happy Valentine's Day before leaving for class at UVU.  I had intended to make him a nice breakfast, but couldn't get over feeling robbed of my sleep between 5-6am by sweet little Daniel and I made up for it by sleeping late.  Nephi and Abish excitedly opened their Valentine gifts before I was even out of bed. 
When I did finally get up and started breakfast, I noticed that Ben had cleaned the dinner dishes from last night off the table and put a sweet note next to a bouquet of roses that said, "Happy Valentine's Day!  I love you all!"
As I went about preparing cinnamon toast and hash-browns, I also noticed that the garbage had been taken out and the dishwasher filled.  I thought back to last night when Ben had gotten home from class close to 10:00 pm.  He had picked up some milk and fruit at the grocery store, the very things we were out of.  I made him a plate of vegetable curry, then gave Daniel a bath in hopes of inducing a nice long period of sleep.  Abish and Jared hopped in too, even though I'd already gotten them into pajamas and brushed their teeth.  I got kind of snappy with Jared for dumping cupfuls of water out of the tub, even though he did it with a sweet smile and probably had a good reason for it (in his mind) but I couldn't decipher it from his "uh, uh, uh's".  Ben had come in then and got Abish and Jared out of the tub while I dressed and fed Daniel.  After family prayer he spent some one on one time with Abish and Jared before putting them to bed.  What an amazing husband and father he is! So in tune with the his family's needs and so quick to help out, even though he hadn't had time to eat lunch that day, and still hadn't eaten dinner!
I'm so thankful to have him as my eternal Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment